Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Queso Smothered Beefy Bean Burritos

The other night I was trying to come up with a fast, easy, and inexpensive meal for my family.  I needed to use things I had on-hand as pay day was a few days away and I had nothing left in the grocery budget.

So I got on Pinterest and started looking.  After looking and looking, I decided I could make some pretty delish burritos out of a few items I had on-hand.  This recipe is mine, although I was inspired by the many other burrito recipes I saw.

Ingredients:

Flour tortillas (I like the smaller ones, but the big ones will work well, too.)
Salsa
1/4 lb. ground beef
1 can of fat-free refried beans
1 can of salsa con queso



Process:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Brown the ground beef.  You can add a little taco seasoning to the meat, if desired. I used 1/4 lb. of ground beef because it is all I had in the house...you can certainly use more.



Take one tortilla and slap some refried beans onto it and spread it out.  Add a little ground beef on top and a dollop of salsa.



Roll the ingredients together and place seam side down in a baking dish.

Continue the process until all burritos are made.  I made 6 burritos in a 9 x 9 baking dish using only 1/2 can of refried beans, 1/4 lb. of ground beef, a 1/4 jar of salsa and a full jar of salsa con queso.  There is plenty of salsa con queso, so you could make more.  I used more beans and salsa for the ones pictured here (4 smaller burritos and 3 larger ones in a 9 x 13 baking dish).



Cover your burritos with foil and bake for 20 minutes.

Be sure to follow my blog by email for more great recipes, art and more.

~Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment