Sunday, September 14, 2014

When You Care Enough to Send the Very Best

My oldest daughter left for college this year - far away from home.  While we stay in touch by text messaging every day, and also by phone calls, everyone wants mail...right?

Enter my plan to be creative every day, and my mail art factory began.  When my daughter received this piece, the first I've made, she texted me right away to tell me it arrived.  "My friends are taking pictures of it," she said.  Later I learned they were sending those pictures home to their families.  I have set the bar pretty high...I think I may have made a few enemies. :-)  (The bar is now high for me, too, as I have to keep sending arty envelopes.  A plain white, or colored envelope, will now seem very boring.)




We had hand carved a lobster rubber stamp for her grad party thank-you's. (It went along with a hand-carved grad cap stamp.) I used that, along with an enlargement of the same image as a stencil.  I also used stencils from The Crafter's Workshop, sequin waste, Brown Staz On Ink,  and Dylusions ink spray from Ranger Industries.  (Note:  all of these supplies are from my own personal stash, not things sent to me for the magazine.)

Below is a picture of my work table along with the envelope and the matching piece of stationery.  A plain white sheet of paper inside the envelope just seemed wrong.  You can see in the background the hand carved stamp and stencil.


On a side note:  her grad party was nautical themed, with the lobster wearing a grad cap adorning her memory board and table center pieces.  I'll have to post pics of her centerpieces sometime.  I think they turned out very cute.

Thanks for stopping by.  Please share my blog on Facebook and Pinterest. I'd also be especially thrilled if you would subscribe (follow by email).

Have a wonderful day.

~Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment