Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Creative Time...With Food

While I haven't exactly been getting into my studio daily, I have been inspired.  I was inspired by pins I found on Pinterest for fun Thanksgiving food.  I decided it would be fun to make some yummy treats to serve at our Thanksgiving dinner.

You will undoubtedly recognize these treats if you spend any time at all on Pinterest.  I claim no originality.

They were not difficult to make, but were a bit time consuming.  Next time I bake or do any holiday treat-making, I will start off chewing gum.  It was an unfortunate side effect that I wound up eating several Reese's peanut butter cups and chocolate covered pretzels.  I'll post the pretzels in another post.

Turkeys in progress
 I needed a good, and secure, place to store my adorable little turkeys.  This egg carton was the perfect home for them.


Don't they look adorable peeking out?

To make these fun little guys, you will need:  Reese's Snack Size Peanut Butter Cups, Reese's Miniatures, candy eyes, candy corn, red gel, chocolate discs (for candy making). 

You will melt the chocolate discs and use them like glue to attach the peanut butter cups, eyes, nose (part of a candy corn) and candy corns.

Do you follow my blog by email?  It is the best way to make sure you don't miss any of the fun Christmastime posts I will be making.

~Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment