Friday, November 14, 2014

Yummy Pumpkin Dessert

The day after Halloween I was in the mood to bake.  My family was gone, and I was home alone.  I resisted the urge to pour a glass of wine and turn on the Christmas music.  I neglected the first because I am trying to get back on a healthy diet of some sort, and I knew I wanted to spend my calories on some of the dessert I was going to make.  I resisted the second (and I DID find a Christmas station on Pandora already!) because it would have been breaking the rules. (See my post from November 12th.) Even though the family was not home, it just wouldn't have been right.

So, I baked alone. (Listening to swing music.) I had purchased the ingredients for this recipe the week before so I could make this dessert for a Halloween party I was going to, but I forgot the pudding, so I took something else.  I made sure to get the pudding after the party! 

I found this recipe on Pinterest.  You can find it here. 

Oops!  I forgot to take a picture until SEVERAL pieces were gone. 

It calls for pretzel crisps, butter, sugar, instant vanilla pudding mix, skim milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, 8 oz. of cream cheese, vanilla extract, a tub of Cool Whip, and a Hershey bar (optional).

So, for the purists out there:  I wasn't exactly baking. (It is called a No-Bake Dessert.) But I did "create" some sweet, decadent "yummy-ness".

As I mentioned, I am trying to get back on the straight and narrow food-wise, as I have some of the 53 lbs. I lost a few years ago that need to be "re-lost."  So, you benefit by the fact that I know precisely how many calories are in 1 1/16 of a piece: 184 calories!

This dessert is not overly "pumpkiny," but it is the perfect pumpkin "fix".

By the way, the store did not have the original pretzel crisps, as called for in the recipe. I bought the sea salt and pepper ones and they worked just fine.  The extra flavor did not hinder the recipe at all.

'Tis the season for baking and goody-making.  I'm sure I'll be back with more. 

You can check my Pinterest board: Food - Trying it Soon, if you would like to see what other delectables are on deck.

After I make a recipe, I pin it to: Food - Recipes I've Tried.  On that board I rate them with stars and comment on any changes I've made.

Enjoy!

~Cyndi


No comments:

Post a Comment