Thursday, November 20, 2014

Still Playing With My Food

I had so much fun making the Reese's turkeys the other day that I had to follow up with another fun Thanksgiving treat that I found on Pinterest.


I had so much fun with these.  They were actually more time consuming than the Reese's turkeys, though.

To make them, you will need:
Pretzel rods, some sort of round, flat chocolate-covered cookie (I used off-brand fudge stripe cookies. The ones I was inspired by used chocolate-covered mint cookies.), candy corn, candy eyes, orange M & Ms, chocolate discs (for candy-making).
 Melt the chocolate discs in a tall mug in the microwave (50% power for one minute at a time, then stir).  Dip the pretzel rods in the chocolate and lay on a wax paper covered tray.  Put in the refrigerator to cool.  When the chocolate has cooled, begin adhering the other items using the melted chocolate as glue.  Note:  you will want to cut the M & Ms in half...they work better that way.




I hope you'll join me for more holiday goodness as we head into the Christmas season.

~Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment